Friday, February 26, 2010

Caning : Is Syariah Court Disrespects Syariah Law?


First I have to admit, Law isn’t my field, be it Syariah or civil. When enroll myself in university, I preferred to choose Islamic Economy rather than the Syariah Law, even though history proved that I was bad in numbers.

But the recent caning of three muslim women for engaging illicit sex is something knowledgeable to discuss about. Its all started when a part time model Kartika Sari Dewi Sukarno was sentence to be caned for drinking beer.

While there were numbers of Muslims groups fully support the move by the government, there were also various parties including the NGO’s condemning the punishment and demanded it to be revoked. And until now, Kartika Sari Dewi yet to be caned despite voluntarily accepted the verdict.

As I told earlier , I’m not the Islamic law expert to discuss this matter. Honestly to say that the first day I heard the news that Kartika was destined to be caned, I was fully support the decision made by the court and totally against any organization be it Islamic or not, in labeling the punishment was barbaric and discriminate the women.

So here it comes the hardest part. The question is, is the caning of the three perpetrators follows the process of law that being guided by Syariah? For example, was it voluntary or not? How were they (the trio) caught in the act? Was it because of their own doing ? Or all of the questions above not needed and should be ignored since the enactment carried out wasn’t Hudud Law.

So, what’s your take on this?

6 comments:

Wahab said...

Everyone has the right to choose for what they are Track to my blog

al-Balingi said...

To Mr.Wahab,

Thanks for visiting my blog..

Anonymous said...

I Seek Peace, I Am A Anti-Zionist Jew. A One Palestinian State Solution is Something I pray for Every Day.

al-Balingi said...

To Mr. Yiddish,

1st, thanks for visiting my blog. You are the 1st Jewish to leave comment here.

A world renowned Islamic scholar,Dr Yusuf Qardhawi once quoted that Muslims and Jewish aren't enemy. The real enemy of Muslims are the Zionist. The Zionism ideology that oppressed and slaughtered Palestinians almost every day.

Let us together pray for peaceful and harmony Middle East one day.

Anonymous said...

Salaam Alikum Glad to Meat As you Said Muslims and Jews are Not Enemies,It is My Sincerest Belief the Judaism and Islam are the Only Remnants of Abraham's connection to The One God, it is Also my Belief after Careful study of Torah and Talmud that Zionism is A Treat to Judaism because it contradicts every thing I Have learned Judaism to mean not to mention when Looking at it this through the eyes of huge history, WE Have had a side by side fellowship OF NOT JUST tolerance AND acceptance BETWEEN Jews AND Muslims but EVEN cultural embrace LIKE NO other TWO groups IN Human HISTORY, this is self EVIDENT not only THAT The One God is real, but that Allah/Adoshem has Smiled on on Both of Abraham's Communities. The only problem is Zionism and Zionists and those who Support them.
Ma'aSalaama, Seek Peace and Peruse it I Hope to hear of you Again soon.

Anonymous said...

O just in Case, Feel free to Read these Posts on my Blog if you are Interested, #1Judaism and Islam are Twin Religions. #2I Believe the[American]Media is Racist. And #3Zionism means Anti-Judaism....
I Think you might find THEM interesting My Earlier Posts are Better than my Latter Posts.....
And I agree with you WE MUST pray FOR Peace throughout the Mideast.